Some questions I’m asking myself about technology:
- Can we know whether a technology will have unintended consequences?
- How can we know whether a technology claim is bullshit? i.e. is there way to know whether a technology’s direction is likely to pan out?
- Is there a way to structure technology so it delivers on a particular social outcome?
- When should we adapt to our tech and when should it adapt to society’s demands? Can we ever count on technology to not exceed the bounds we (society) place on it?
- When will the rate of change of technology slow down or speed up? Can we better predict it?
- Was Marx right? Is capitalism + technology headed for a clash of classes?